My special girl. You’ve had a lot of challenges since you arrived. You’ve had lots of visits to the hospital, lots and lots of needles, and lots of sad days. But you’re overcoming your challenges, and you are growing into a beautiful, cheeky, bubbly toddler. You’re teaching us a lot about caring for you and keeping you comfortable and happy. We talk to your doctors with lots of ideas and I like that they’re on board with my suggestions! At least I’m headed in the right direction in looking after you.
Some of the things you do now:
- You like to drink your bottle on your own chair.
- You like to turn on the TV. You love Peppa Pig.
- You like helping me unpack the dishwasher.
- You like to sing and dance – your favourite songs are “Row, row, row your boat”, “I’ve got the joy (down in my heart)” and “Isaiah 9:6”.
- You like to read books. Funnily enough, your favourite book is “Mama has Hyperemesis Gravidarum”. You also love your Peppa and Spot books.
- You like to play with Beanie, but only on your own terms. He often gets smacked in the face if you’re not interested. We’re working on that.
- You love being outside and love going on the swings at the park.
The foods you like:
- Carbs, carbs, carbs. Bread, weet-bix, plain rice, plain pasta, biscuits.
- Fruit. Mandarins, strawberries, watermelon and apples are your favourite.
- Licorice, coffee-flavoured and salted caramel flavoured ice creams, soda water and salt and vinegar chips (maybe you’ll be able to explain that when you’re older!)
- You don’t like meats, vegetables or cheese. Although, you did eat roast lamb last week for the first time and you loved it. I hope it opens up the doors to some more variety!
You weigh 8.3kg and are 73cm. You’re petite and still wear a 00 in most of your clothes. You’re cute when you toddle around and people are always surprised at how switched on you are for how small you are. You like to walk up and down the stairs but can’t do it by yourself. It might be a while before your legs are long enough to do it on your own!
Lots of love,